The Humanities Film Office maintains an extensive collection of videos from theatrical films, television shows, stage performance recordings, and other audiovisual materials for use in teaching and research.
The Film Office exists to:
- support SHASS faculty by providing access to films in our collection, acquiring new films as necessary, arranging evening class screenings, and providing access for students in their classes.
- provide access to students doing research that requires use of materials in our collection.
- maintain and expand the DVD collection according to faculty needs.
- replace or transfer obsolete media (VHS, Betamax, LaserDisc) to ensure unencumbered access and use
- serve as a hub for the film-going community at MIT